Cheesy Quinoa-Sweet Potato Casserole
1 cup cooked quinoa
3 cups cooked black beans (or two
15-ounce cans, drained and rinsed)
2 large sweet potatoes, shredded
1 cup shredded Daiya non-dairy cheddar cheese
1 tbsp ground cumin
Liberal pinches salt and pepper
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1 cup salsa
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare a 9” x 9” casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the quinoa, black beans, sweet potato, 1⁄2 cup of the Daiya, and the cumin, salt, and pepper.
- in a small bowl, mix together the nutritional yeast and the salsa. Pour the salsa mixture over the vegetables, then pour everything into the prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the remaining Daiya over the top and bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with the cilantro.