Chai Pumpkin Cake with Browned Butter Frosting
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.imperialsugar.com/recipes/desserts/cakes/chai_pumpkin_cake-with_browned_butter_frosting
1/2 cup milk
4 chai tea bags
2 cups all-purpose flour (spoon and sweep method*)
1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs, beaten
1 can (15 ounces) pure pumpkin
1 cup vegetable oil
Browned Butter Frosting
1/2 cup butter
3 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
1 - 2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Place milk in a small sauce pan, bring to boil. Remove from heat; add tea bags and steep for 5 minutes. Remove tea bags squeezing excess liquid back into milk.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add eggs, pumpkin, oil and milk; mixing until combined. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan for about 2 hours.
- To prepare frosting: Melt butter in a small sauce pan. Heat until a light golden brown. Remove from heat. Combine butter and powdered sugar and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Beat with a electric beater adding milk until spreading consistency. Spread over cake. Top with chopped pecans.