Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://www.imperialsugar.com/recipes/desserts/cakes/carrot_cake
4 large eggs
1 cup oil (grape seed, olive-not extra virgin or canola oil)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour (spoon and sweep method*)
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 cups grated carrots
2/3 cup pecan pieces or walnuts
1 cup raisins, dark or golden
Cream Cheese Frosting
Dried carrot strips
1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
1 cup water
2 medium sized carrots
Optional: 1 1/3 cups pecan pieces for sides
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour or use baking spray, prepare two 9 inch baking pans. Set aside.
- In a bowl beat eggs for 5 minutes. Gradually add oil in a thin stream. Add vanilla.
- Sift together sugar, flour, cinnamon and baking soda and add to above and mix well. Add carrots, nuts and raisins and mix until combined.
- Evenly divide batter into prepared pan and place in oven. Bake until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or a toothpick comes out clean. About 45 - 55 minutes. Let sit in pan for 10 minutes before removing.
- Turn cake out pan. Let cool completely before frosting.
- Prepare Cream Cheese Frosting and frost cool cake.
- For carrot strips, peel carrots using a vegetable peeler. Continuing with vegetable peeler, make long carrot strips from top to bottom. Set aside. Bring to a boil sugar and water. Add carrot strips and simmer for 5 minutes and then drain.
- Lay carrot strips in a curvy fashion on a silicone baking mat or wax paper. Place on a cookie sheet and place in a 200°F oven until crisp, about 90 minutes.
- Optional: Coat sides of carrot cake with 1 1/3 cups of finely chopped pecans.
Write a Review!
More recipes with "carrots, Eggs, Pecans, Raisins":
More "Dessert" recipes: