Braised Italian Sausage Stew
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: www.johnsonville.com
(19 ounce) JOHNSONVILLE® Mild Italian Sausage links , coin sliced
Bertollli® Extra Light in Taste Olive Oil
onions, coarsely chopped
carrots, cut into 1 inch chunks
parsnips, cut into 1 inch chunks
baby bella or white button mushrooms, halved
celery, cut into 1 inch chunks
Swiss chard, stems removed, roughly chopped
(28 ounces) Italian plum tomatoes, (in juice)
(14.5 ounces) chicken stock
dry white wine
ground black pepper
- Bertolli® Extra Light in Taste Olive Oil
- Add onion; cook 3 minutes or until slightly soft.
- Add sausage links to pan; cook 12 to 14 minutes or until sausage is browned and almost cooked through.
- Transfer sausage links to cutting board and allow them to cool before coin slicing.
- Stir in carrots, parsnips, mushrooms, celery and Swiss chard into the Dutch oven. Add the barley, tomatoes, stock, wine, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Add sliced sausage to the pot. Stir to combine all the ingredients
- Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and continue to simmer for up to 1 hour or until the barley is cooked.
- Serve with crusty Italian bread.