Allergy-Free Football Food/Buffalo Wings with Ranch Dressing
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: http://food.mamiverse.com/allergy-free-buffalo-wings-18569/
3 1/2 pounds chicken wings
4 cups canola oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup Earth Balance soy-free buttery spread
1/4 cup Louisiana hot sauce
1 tablespoon white vinegar
Ranch Dressing (*recipe follows)
1/2 cup rice milk
2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 small clove garlic, finely minced or pressed
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon finely chopped celery leaves
3/4 cup vegan soy-free mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper
- Rinse the wings under cold water and pat dry. Cut off the wing tips. Cut the wing in two at the joint; a cleaver works well for this (or you can ask the butcher to pre-cut them).
- Heat the oil in a large, deep 10-inch pot, such as a Dutch oven, over high heat, to 400°F on a candy or oil thermometer.
- Sprinkle the wings with salt and pepper and add half of the wings to the oil with tongs, using the tongs to stir and submerge all the wings. Don’t worry; they can be a bit crowded. Cook, stirring occasionally with the tongs, for 10 to 11 minutes, until deeply golden and crispy. Remove from the oil, and drain on a paper towel–lined platter. Repeat with the second batch of wings.
- Meanwhile, make the wing sauce by melting the buttery spread in a small pot over medium heat. Add the hot sauce and vinegar, bring to a simmer, and remove from the heat.
- Put the wings on a platter and spoon the sauce over them. Serve with the Ranch Dressing and celery sticks.
- Ranch Dressing: In a small bowl, combine the rice milk with the lemon juice. In a blender or mini chopper, combine the garlic, parsley, celery leaves, vegan mayonnaise, and mustard. Pulse a few times. Add the rice milk mixture, and pulse. Add the xanthan gum and blend well. Add the salt and pepper to taste and blend until rich and creamy. You will have about 11/4 cups. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week.
Write a Review!
More recipes with "Chicken":
More "Appetizer, Dinner, Lunch, Snack" recipes: