All-in-One Cake and Frosting
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: www.dominosugar.com
6 oz. - cream cheese, softened
1 cup - butter or margarine, softened (2 sticks)
1 tablespoon - vanilla extract
1 - (2 lb.) pkg. Domino® Confectioners Sugar
2/3 cup - milk
4 - large eggs, slightly beaten
2 1/2 cups - all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon - baking powder
1/2 teaspoon - salt
2/3 cup - water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously grease and flour a Bundt baking pan, preferably non-stick.
- Frosting: In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla extract at medium speed until smooth. Add confectioners' sugar alternately with milk, beating 1-2 minutes or until blended. Remove 2 1/2 cups of frosting from bowl, placing into a plastic sealable bag, and set aside.
- Cake: With mixer at slow speed, add eggs to remaining frosting in mixing bowl. Beat until blended. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to frosting mixture alternately with water and continue beating 1-2 minutes or until well blended.
- Pour into pan and bake 65-75 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes. While cake is still warm, use a knife to loosen the cake from the sides of the pan. Cool completely before removing from pan. Place cake on serving plate and top with remaining icing.
- Quick Tip Cut one edge of the plastic bag, and squeeze the frosting out in a circular motion of top of your cake. The frosting will begin to descend and cover the sides of your cake.