A Restaurant Chain’s Oriental Chicken Salad
Recipe submitted by: Dani Gurrie
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup corn flake crumbs
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast half
oil for frying
3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
1 cup red cabbage
1 cup Napa cabbage
1/2 carrot, julienned or shredded
1 green onion, chopped
1 tablespoon sliced almonds
1/3 cup chow mein noodles
3 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Grey Poupon Dijon mustard
1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- Prepare dressing ingredients by mixing in a small bowl. Refrigerate while preparing salad.
- Cut each chicken breast into 5 strips. In one bowl, beat egg with milk. In another bowl, combine flour with corn flake crumbs, salt and pepper.
- Preheat oil over medium heat.
- Dip individual chicken pieces in egg mixture and then roll in the flour mixture. Fry chicken until browned, drain and set aside.
- Prepare salad by tossing the chopped romaine with the chopped red cabbage, Napa cabbage, and carrots. Sprinkle sliced green onion on top of the lettuce. Sprinkle almonds over the salad, then the chow mein noodles.
- Cut the chicken into small chunks. Place the chicken onto the salad forming a pile in the middle. Serve with salad dressing on the side.