Musketeers Candy Bars
Recipe submitted by: Amy Pickett
Recipe courtesy of: E−Cookbooks.net
3 cups granulated sugar
3/4 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup water
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 egg whites
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 bags milk chocolate chips (12−ounce bags)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt. Heat, stirring, to boiling, then continue to cook using a candy thermometer to monitor the temperature
- Beat the egg whites until they are stiff and form peaks. Don't use a plastic bowl for this.
- When the sugar solution comes to 270 degrees F, or the soft−crack stage, remove from the heat and pour the mixture in thin streams into the egg whites, blending completely with a mixer set on low speed. Continue to mix until the candy begins to harden to the consistency of dough. This may take as long as 20 minutes.
- At this point add the semisweet chocolate chips. Remember that the candy must already be at the consistency of dough when you add the chocolate; the nougat will thicken no more after the chocolate is added.
- When the chocolate is thoroughly blended and the nougat has thickened, Press it into a greased 9x9−inch pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.
- With a sharp knife, cut the candy in half down the middle of the pan. Then cut across into 7 segments to create a total of 14 bars.
- Melt the milk chocolate chips in the microwave for 2 minutes on half power, stirring halfway through the heating time. Melt completely, but be careful not to overheat.
- Resting a bar on a fork dip each bar into the chocolate to coat completely and place on wax paper.
- Cool until firm at room temperature, 1 to 2 hours. Makes 14 candy bars.
Write a Review!
More recipes with "Chocolate Chips, Eggs":
More "Snack" recipes: