World of Possibilities 2016 Expos
The World of Possibilities disAbilities, Healthy Aging and Independent Living Expos are increasing in popularity and are now the Region’s most important forum for disability-related resources. Everyone within the disabilities and senior community, children with disabilities and their families, caregivers/service providers, veterans, baby-boomers should all be there!
• Free Parking
• Free Wheelchair Rentals and Emergency Repair Services, Representatives from Stuart’s Medical and Sales will be available for emergency repairs
• Many Exhibitors: Exhibitors will share their knowledge and expertise about their equipment/supplies. See exhibitor link http://expo.caringcommunities.org/exhibitors_timonium.php
• Product Demonstrations: Selected vendors will have assigned times to demonstrate their products
• Local Agencies and Support Groups
• Workshop (More to be Scheduled): “Be Your Own Boss-Everyone IS EMPLOY-ABLE!” 12:30p
This interactive programs helps you move past your boundaries and soar as you test your wings! You will explore qualities that employers want to see in candidates and the qualities that would make you a successful entrepreneur! Resources will be shared as well as valuable tips to making the transition easier and more fun! Marcia Merrill has 25+ years in the Career Development & Transitions fields. She also has a disability and has been a successful entrepreneur for 11 of those years!
• Mobility Dog Demonstration. 12:30-1:00 and 2:30-3:00
• Book Signings:
1) A Journey of Hearts: Navigating Through Life Experiences: A collaborative book of journeys that will inspire, empower, motivate & uplift you creating hope for those going through similar situations.
2) Living in a World of Possibilities, Living in a World of Possibilities by Mona Freedman RN. Living in a World of Possibilities is a nice companion to the World of Possibilities Disabilities Expo and a way to get wonderful, inspirational and motivational words out to assist individuals who are living with challenging issues.
• Sunshine Models on Wheels Demo 1:30p
• Much, Much More!!
The World of Possibilities Expo is dedicated to the memory of Gayle Hafner. A wonderful person and Disabilities Champion!
We would also like to remember volunteers Barbara Spak and Rose Weiss who were always there when we needed them. They will ALL be sorely missed. Gayle, Barbara and Rose will live on in our hearts forever!