MPT Motorweek CARnival
The ultimate car show and fun day for everyone from auto enthusiasts to families
Saturday, September, 27, 2014; 9am – 3pm
Rain date October 4th.
MPT MotorWeek CARnival is an auto enthusiast’s dream, featuring:
- Classic, antique, muscle and specialty cars competing for prizes
- Auction of more than 100 Collectors’ Cars – Consign your car or register to Bid
- Classic car maintenance seminar led by master automotive technician Pat Goss
- Professional car-detailing seminar by Reflected Images’ Brian Daly
- Gourmet food trucks’ delicious fare
- PBS Kids costumed characters, including Curious George, Hooper and Space Racers’ Eagle
- Car-themed rides and games
- Live band, Capitol Groove, performing hits from 1960′s, ’70s and today
Kids Rides and Games
- Sesame Street moonbounce – Larger than life Sesame Street characters, including Big Bird, Elmo, Grover and Cookie Monster, invite you for some friendly fun! The roomy bounce area, soft walls, entrance step and big netted windows make it easy and safe for children to play.
- All aboard the Trackless Train for a fun and safe ride around the Lilypons Water Gardens’ CARnival venue.
- Monster Truck moonbounce, basketball hoop, climber and slide four-in-one combination
- Inflatable Train obstacle course for kids 10 and under is 59 feet of interactive fun. A bounce area allows for jumping fun; a mountain climb and slide add adventure. With lots of windows for parents to see inside, kids start at the engine and finish at the caboose!
- Pit Stop Challenge – Do you think you’re fast enough for NASCAR? Like part of the pit crew of a top racing team, feel the excitement as you pick up your wrench and race to beat the clock and show your skills. Pit Stop Challenge is a fast-paced, high-energy competition using a real pneumatic wrench compressor, yet designed with safety in mind and easy enough for kids to use it. Age recommended: 5 years and PBS Kids costumed characters, including Curious George, adorable Hooper and Space Racers’ Eagle, stroll the crowds and pause for photos with youngsters.
- Kids’ Choice: Vote for your favorite car, young drivers-to-be, and see if your favorite is the winner.
- Feed the fish and terrapins at scenic Lilypons Water Gardens.
- Birds and blossoms: Stroll the beautiful landscape filled with lush gardens, aquatic nurseries, fountains and lily ponds and keep your eye out for ducks, herons, egrets, warblers, swallows, larks, sparrows and even Bald Eagles.