Independence Day Celebration
Celebrate the nation’s independence with friends and family as the entire community comes together for food music and fireworks. Festivities will include live music, family activities, good food, and of course, a dazzling display of fireworks sure to delight audiences of all ages. Gates open at 6 p.m.
Attendees are welcome to bring their own food and blankets to enjoy a picnic during the event. Food will also be sold at the celebration. For safety reasons, alcoholic beverages, glass containers, rollerblades, skates, bikes, pets, and fireworks of any kind are strictly prohibited.
The Montgomery County Fairgrounds is located at 16 Chestnut Street in Gaithersburg. Walk in at Chestnut or Dalamar Streets; the Perry Parkway entrance to the Fairgrounds will be closed. No unauthorized cars will be allowed in the Fairgrounds. Those with handicap tags or stickers will be allowed access to the Fairgrounds through the gates at the Dalamar Street entrance.
Please note that Perry Parkway will remain open until 7:30 p.m. to thru traffic this year and will be patrolled by police officers during the fireworks display. The sidewalk on the Fairground’s side of Perry Parkway will be closed.
This event is sponsored in part by the Montgomery County Agricultural Center.
- Parking (except handicap parking) is not available inside the Fairgrounds.
- Handicap parking is available at the Fairgrounds for vehicles with handicap parking placards or registration plates only. Enter at the Dalamar Street entrance (near The Golden Bull Restaurant). Permits or plates must be displayed at all times.
- A trolley will be available at the Chestnut Street entrance to the Fairgrounds to transport you to the concert area. Please note – the trolley will not be available to transport you back to the entrance after the fireworks.
- You may park anywhere in the vicinity of the Fairgrounds where parking is legally allowed. Please check carefully for signage indicating that parking lots are for patrons only as vehicles determined not to belong to patrons may be subject to towing.
- Due to the high volume of vehicle traffic for the fireworks, especially at the end of the show, we are unable to run shuttle buses to remote parking.
Fireworks Viewing Only:
- If you wish to view the fireworks from outside the Fairgrounds, many surrounding locations offer excellent views.
- The Commuter Lot off I-270 at Exit 11, the Lakeforest Mall parking lot, and the business parking lots along Route 355 near the Fairgrounds are all popular viewing spots. Please check carefully for signage indicating that parking is for patrons only as vehicles determined not to belong to patrons may be towed.
- For information on bus transportation please call 311 (in Montgomery County) or 240-777-0311 or visitwww.montgomerycountymd.gov/DOT-transit/trip_plan.html.