Bark in the Park – Frederick, MD
Enjoy a fantastic afternoon with your furry, four-legged friend, at the Frederick County Parks and Recreation annual Bark in the Park. Your pooch will have an opportunity to run free in one of our off-leash areas, test and sharpen his or her skills on the agility course, participate in doggie contests, and make new friends. Bark in the Park also provides great opportunities for families to adopt a dog, learn different training techniques, sample dog-related products, and visit exhibit booths.
There will be a live demonstration by the Canine Obedience Unlimited. This event is sure to be a dog-gone good time! Beat the rush by pre-registering now or you can register on site the day of the event.
Dogs who participate in the Tails on Trails series will receive FREE admission to Bark in the Park.
Dog owners must bring a collar, leash, and proof of rabies vaccination for entry. Limit 2 dogs per owner.
Cost: $5 per dog (limit 2 dogs per owner)
Ages: All Ages.
Utica District Park
10200-B Old Frederick Rd., Frederick, MD 21702
Date: Saturday, May 11th
Time: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Sign up to enter doggie contests on-site, the day of the event. Free with admission to Bark in the Park.
Best Trick: 11:30 am
Best K-9 Costume: 12:00 pm
Owner/Dog Look Alike: 12:30 pm
- A Little Unique
- Alpha Alpaca 4H Club
- Animal Welfare League of Frederick County
- Bark Busters
- Basset Rescue of Old Dominion (BROOD)
- Bath Fitter
- Bow Wow Designs
- Cabaret Artistry
- Canine Obedience Unlimited
- Catered Canine Care, LLC
- Club Dogz, Inc.
- Community Alternative Mediation, Inc.
- Dog Along, LLC
- Dog is Good
- Fitzgerald Auto Mall
- Fluffi Stuff Gourmet Cotton Candy
- Frederick County Animal Control
- Frederick County Humane Society
- Furever Love Rescue
- Game It Up, LLC
- Gibbons Rock Studio
- Greenbriar Veterinary Hospital & Pet Resort
- Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind / America’s Vet Dogs
- Harness Helper, LLC
- Healthy Pet Mobile Vet
- Heavenly Days Animal Crematory
- Hobby Horse Concession & Crafts, LLC
- Hood College Dog Study
- Just for Dogs, Inc.
- Kingsbrook Animal Hospital
- Kitchen Saver
- Kiwanis Club of Frederick
- Larry’s Delicious Dogs
- Lead Your Pack
- Mary Kay Cosmetics
- Mid-Atlantic German Shepherd Rescue
- Must Love Dogs Rescue of Maryland
- Old Farm Veterinary Hospital
- Pet Connect Rescue
- Pets on Wheels
- Pet Pal-On the Go Dog Walking & Pet Sitting
- Rachael Harms Photography
- Renewal by Andersen
- Sassy Pet Photography
- Scentsy (Nancy S.)
- Silpada Jewelry (Joyce P.)
- Sunrise Concessions
- Thirty One Gifts (Melissa Keyser)
- Thunder Ridge Kettle Corn
- Thurmont K-9 Search & Rescue
- Tiki’s Doggie Ice Cream Truck
- Tractor Supply Co.
- Unlce Moe’s Soul Food
- Village Vet of Urbana
- VIP Boarding Kennel
- Wags for Hope
- Your Spot Dog Training
Want to volunteer for the event!! We’d love your help!
Bark in the Park Volunteers will be on-site during the event and will assist participants and their dogs in a variety of activities throughout day. Activities may include (but are not limited to) dog monitors and/or gate keepers in the off-leash areas, dog contest assistants and help at the registration area handling dogs.
Event volunteers must be at least 16 years of age. Volunteers should be comfortable around dogs and comfortable handling dogs. Volunteers are not allowed to have their own dogs with them while volunteering at the event.
Volunteer Hours Available
Saturday, May 11, 2013, between the hours of 9:00 am-2:00 pm
To volunteer, please complete the following Volunteer Application and submit to:
Parks and Recreation
C/O Volunteer BIP
118 North Market Street
Frederick, MD 21701