2015 Comedy and Magic Spectacular
This event posted by: orock
Saturday, March 21, 2015
Weinberg Center for the Arts
20 W Patrick St
Frederick, MD 21701
Click for More Information
Wow! Here we go again! Many will remember last year’s great gala as one that featured incredible magic and LOTS of it. Many will remember they were just, plain glad they attended as they experience as awesome, colorful, musical, comedic event that all family members loved. In either case, we have another, all different and just as wonderful gala show for 2015. This wonder filled evening will take place at the Weinberg Center for the Arts on March 21, 2014 at 7:00pm.
The YMCA of Frederick County and show producer R.G. Smith have put together a show that will flow at a great pace almost like an amusement park thrill ride. The four world class entertainers that will work together are:
Scott and Jenny Alexander
- These two full time professionals have been performing together for the past fifteen years. Their show is a playful mix of comedy, magic, mystery and music.
- They have been seen on television and on most major stages world wide from the prestigious Le Plus Grande Cabaret Du Monde in Paris, to the wildly popular hit NBC-TV show “America’s Got Talent.”
- As headliners in Las Vegas at the world famous Caesars Palace, they have performed over four thousand shows to astonished audiences and rave reviews.
- Scott and Jenny perform as a duo, but also as solo artists as well. Jenny had the distinct honor of being one of the only female magicians to ever star in her own production in Las Vegas. Scott is a creative magic designer who has developed his own original magical inventions which are sought after and performed by fellow world renown magicians.
- Their magic has been seen on the SyFy Channel, Discovery Network and on the iconic “Oprah Winfrey Show.”
- They are married and are the proud parents of three young children who they describe as their best magic yet!
- Jonathan Burns always thought he was special. He was the kind of kid who would put his leg over his head at the family reunion or perform musical armpit noises to impress the girls.
- In 2004, contorting his body and impressing people with his unusual talents became his full time job. Since then, he has performed at over 300 colleges and universities, at festivals around the globe, and was recently featured on the “Tonight Show” and the “The CBS Late Show.”
- When he is not performing, he can usually be found in an airport terminal–on his way to another big gig; or spending time with his lovely wife and daughter (Seems the armpit noises worked!).
- Adam Ace has been making audiences laugh as a full time professional comedian since 1997. In that time, he has performed in 49 of the 50 states, appeared onstage in 27 countries, entertained at 11 military bases, been seen on over 35 different cruise ships and entertained on over 500 college campuses nationwide.
- Adam has headlined casinos in Atlantic City and Las Vegas, headlined comedy clubs in Los Angeles and was selected to perform at the White House. In addition to all this, he has 3 times, been named “College Comedian of the Year.
- He is a former contestant on the TV shows, “America’s Got Talent,” and “30 Seconds to Fame.” He is also the author of the book, “Funny Quotes by Not So Funny People.”
- Adam Ace has entertained crowds of all ages and all shapes and all sizes. “Refreshing,” “Different,” and “Original” are a few words used to describe his contagious personality and high energy.
- What sets him apart is his interaction with the audience and quick wit that make each presentation different, special
and extremely memorable.
Proceeds from the preceding and present year’s “Comedy and Magic Show Spectacular” will be used by the YMCA of Frederick County to support children and families in the Hillcrest and Waverley communities.
Last year the Magic Show proceeds afforded several programs for the children in Hillcrest and Waverley after school programs run by the YMCA: Spring Break care, Summer Day Camp, multi-language translation service through the Asian American Center, for children and families.
- The latest Tots2Tweens Kids Connection! https://t.co/kwJCiTGHV7 #washtimesoped #wizards about 20 hours ago from Paper.li ReplyRetweetFavorite
- Question - how do you introduce your friends to your kids? Miss/Mr (First Name), Mr./Ms. (Last Name) or first... https://t.co/FHewgqx2xS about 20 hours ago from Facebook ReplyRetweetFavorite