St. John the Evangelist School
About St. John the Evangelist School
St. John School prepares children to be successful in an outside world that remains undefined for them. We take pride in the 6.8% growth over the last three years in the Terra Nova Standardized annual test scores. Our students excel in music, art, drama and athletic competitions. These fine young ladies and gentlemen are accepted into top Catholic, private and public high schools in Northern Virginia. Their achievements are consolidated by their determined study habits and by the strength of character they have cultivated in meeting the demands of a challenging curriculum. These successes along with an exceptional faculty and supportive parent community, lay the foundation for Catholic moral leaders of tomorrow.
Our faculty is composed of highly dedicated, professional educators who love children, and view their job as a ministry for the Lord. They employ technology, differentiate instruction, and nurture students to bring out the best in them. What is especially exciting this year is the expansion of our Gifted and Talented program, which is beginning its second year, along with new remedial resources in math and reading. We are also entering the second year of our Pre-K through 8th Grade Lab Learner Science lab and Middle School “History Alive” program, which is found in few schools in Virginia.
Our school, situated in historic Warrenton, Virginia, is located on a multiple-acre, carefully manicured and flower filled campus. The safety of the students, staff and parents is very important to us. We practice intruder alert, fire, tornado and earthquake drills regularly. The Church, front office and classrooms are locked securely when school begins, and guests are screened before they enter the school using $12,000 of new security monitors, intercoms and cameras.
SJE AT A GLANCE
- Pre-K-8, coed Catholic School founded in 1960 by Father Robert E. O’Kane, and originally staffed by the Sisters of Notre Dame
- A member of the Diocese of Arlington
- Accredited by the Virginia Catholic Education Association
- Located in Warrenton, VA, situated at the Blue Ridge foothills of Fauquier County
- Small, intimate sized school of 150 students, with a staff of 23 teachers and aides
- School Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. with early morning and after school Extended Day Services
- Foreign Language, Art, Computer Science, Music, Physical Education and Algbebra are offered to all students
- Extra-curricular activities include CYO basketball, tennis, track and club lacrosse
- Clubs include Chess Club, Sewing Club, Rocket Club, Drama Club, Junior National Honor Society, Student Council, Girl Scouts, Brownies, and Boy Scouts
- Our school offers a challenging academic program for PreSchool through 8th grade that stimulates each child’s intellectual curiosity and desire for life-long learning
- St. John the Evangelist School provides a safe environment which encourages the development of self esteem, confidence along with spiritual growth
St. John the Evangelist School
111 John E. Mann Street
Warrenton, VA 20186