Paul VI High School
About Paul VI High School
Grow in grace and wisdom
The mission of Paul VI Catholic High School is to provide an excellent Catholic education to young men and women by affording them the means to achieve spiritual, intellectual, personal, social, and physical development according to the teachings of the Gospel and St. Francis de Sales. Paul VI Catholic High School is committed to graduating responsible, moral, service-oriented young adults who will continue to “grow in grace and wisdom.”
Paul VI Catholic High School, established in 1983, is one of four secondary schools in the highly regarded Arlington Diocesan school system. From an original enrollment of 350 students, Paul VI has grown to a current capacity of 1,000 young men and women who seek the excellent and well-rounded educational experience that PVI offers.
With its challenging academic curriculum, distinguished performance and fine arts programs, outstanding sports, and wide-ranging extracurricular activities, Paul VI is recognized as one of the finest college preparatory schools in the region. Above all, its unique character fosters a dedication to the inherent and singular value of each individual. PVI seeks to inspire and challenge each student in small classroom settings and, in turn, looks to them to carry forth its mission to grow in grace and wisdom.
Paul VI Academic Program
Paul VI Catholic HIgh School offers a curriculum designed to prepare students to meet the requirements of leading colleges and universities. It is recommended that students develop a program which includes the specific requirement of the college of his/her choice. Grades, strength of schedule, SAT scores, and recommendations are important for college entrance.
Paul VI Named to Cardinal Newman Catholic Education Honor Roll, Top 5% of Catholic Schools Recognized
Paul VI named among Top 50 Catholic High Schools in U.S.
Recent Awards and Accomplishments
- Over $12.6 million dollars in scholarship money offered to the Class of 2015
- Sr. Math League – 3rd in the state
- Calculus Team – 1st in the state
- Introduction of College and Career Specialist
- Introduction of PVI Literacy Coach
- Introduction of Dual Enrollment Program with Northern Virginia Community College
- Introduction of Advanced Diploma
- Laptop program implemented in August 2013
- Mission Trips to the Dominican Republic and Belize, Pilgrimage to Rome
- More than 11 spiritual retreats and camps offered to students
- More than 13,000 hours of community service hours performed
- Choral and Orchestra competitions – Superior ratings
- Special Olympics Soccer –VA State Champs
- Boys Volleyball – Conference Champs
- Girls Track – VA State Champs
- Boys Basketball – WCAC Champs; VA State Champs; DC City Title Champs
- Girls Basketball – 9 consecutive years as VA State Champs, WCAC Champs two years running
- Girls Cross Country – VA State Champs
- Boys Baseball – WCAC Champs; VA State Champs
Paul VI High School
10675 Fairfax Blvd.
Fairfax, VA 22030