Elite Feet Dance Studio
Frederick, MD 21701
- Phone: 301-620-9099
- Visit Website »
- Service Area: Hover to View Areas
- Category: Hover to View Categories
About Elite Feet Dance Studio
Imagination in Motion
Elite Feet Dance Studio offers a wide variety of classes. Our professional staff teach classes in ballet, pointe, tap, jazz, hip hop, lyrical, contemporary/modern, acrobatics and more. Students may take class in these disciplines starting at 2 1/2 years old. Many of our students keep taking classes until they graduated high school.
Our classes are structured to provide appropriate experiences and training depending on a student’s level of interest. We have classes for the casual student who wants to supplement their extra-curricular activity schedule with a dance class for exercise, artistic expression, friendship and fun. We also have more rigorous classes for students who plan on pursuing dance at higher levels after high school.
Wherever the student’s interest may lay, we have a class tailored for her or him.
- I CAN DANCE - AGES 2 1/2 TO 3 YEARS- This 1/2 hour class introduces the wonderful world of dance and movement. The program includes rhythm, flexibility, balance and coordination skills. The very beginning skills of ballet are introduced.
- WATCH ME DANCE - AGES 4 TO 5 YEARS- This 45 minute class provides the beginning principles of ballet and tap. The program includes rhythm, flexibility, balance and coordination skills.
- GOTTA DANCE – AGES 5 TO 6 YEARS- This 1 hour class provides the beginning principles of Ballet, Tap and Jazz. This class is offered to students who have a longer attention span or prior dance experience.
- LET’S DANCE – AGES 7 TO 10 YEARS- This 1 1/4 hour class provides a variety of learning skills in an educational and fun filled environment. In addition to teaching the beginning techniques of ballet, tap and jazz. Students learn important basics such as classroom etiquette, musical awareness, expressing emotion through movement and more. This class is for the beginner student who has never taken dance or has one year of experience.
- LET’S DANCE - 2 AND 3 AGES 7 TO 10 YEARS- These classes are for the student that has taken at least 2 years of dance in ballet, tap and jazz. This class is offered to students who have a longer attention span and prior dance experience.
- PRE-TEEN/ TEEN - AGES 11 AND UP – BALLET/LYRICAL – TAP/JAZZ Wednesday
These classes are for the beginner/intermediate dancer. Students learn the important basics of ballet, tap and jazz.
- HIP HOP – In these classes students will learn the technique of hip hop. Hip Hop classes are a great way to enjoy the world of dance. Learn how to dance while listening to your favorite hip hop music.
- LEVELED CLASSES AGES 8 AND UP – We are only offering level 1 and 2 classes this summer. For the Levels 3, 4 and 5, we are offering 2 to 3 day workshops through out the summer. If you are interested in these workshops please contact the studio at 301-620-9099 for more information. Leveled classes are for the more advanced and dedicated dancer. These classes can only be taken with the Director’s approval. During the summer we will be combining our levels 1 and 2. We’ve included a link to our summer schedule.
- ELITE SPECIAL FEET - Elite Feet Dance Studio will be offering classes to children with special needs. The Elite’s Special Feet classes are designed for students of all cognitive, physical and developmental levels. Certified Special Educator Joanna Gibb deliberately designs the classes to reach a wide variety of students.Props and a wide variety of visuals are incorporated to make learning hands–on and brains–on. Upbeat music and games are built–in to make engaging classes. The topics of classes range from basic foot positions to learning how to merge emotion with movement. The whole child will be engaged and ready to move!Joanna graduated from Towson University with degrees in integrated elementary education and special education. Joanna is excited to pair her expertise in special education with her love of dance.
Elite Feet Dance Studio is home to one of the best dance education programs in the Frederick Area, providing an opportunity for both the experienced and recreational dancer to get the best training they can get, in the multiple techniques offered.
Gay Lynn Meadows, Director/Owner – Gay Lynn is the Director and Owner of the Elite Feet Dance Studio. She has been teaching and choreographing for the past 34 years, in the techniques of Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Pointe and Lyrical.
Elite Feet Dance Studio strives to be a leader in dance education. At Elite Feet we value every student, from early beginner through our most advanced senior. The Elite Feet Dance Company is for those students who choose dance to be their main focus for an extracurricular activity. Our summer camps will keep the aspiring dancer engaged, and keep the couch-bound on their feet!
Write a Review!
Elite Feet Dance Studio
253 East Fourth Street
Frederick, MD 21701