I am not sure if you guys knew, but we have two former military members who are employees of Tots2Tweens.com. And here at Tots2Tweens (and personally as well) we are always looking to support military members both active and former. We brainstormed some ideas and came up with a wonderful event to raise money for a wounded veteran (we found him through an organization called “Operation Second Chance.”) Now, we just needed a name…this is where the military education came into play. Jess & Derek came up with “Got Your 6″ – I had no idea what this meant…then they told me – it means “Got Your Back”…(your 6 o’clock). Immediately I thought – this is perfect. What a better way to show our former military – our returning wounded – that we’ve got their backs…so, this event was born.
I’ll get to the specific details about the event below – but first, I’d like to introduce you to Robert Bartlett who will be the recipient of the funds raised from this event.
In his own words (please note that some of the images in this video may not be appropriate for children):
Hopefully, you are inspired by his story as we were. How can you help?
1. Get a team together and play in the tournament. 100% of the registration funds raised will go to Robert to help him continue his journey of health and recovery from his injuries. Registration is just $40 per team – there are two divisions: Adult (players 16 and over only) and Family (no age restrictions). Each participant will receive a t-shirt!
2. Sponsor the event – by sponsoring the event, you are making sure that we can give 100% of the registration proceeds to Robert and his family. Your sponsorship helps to cover the cost of marketing, t-shirts and other expenses incurred while creating this event. Contact us here at Tots2Tweens to get more information: 866.957.8687.
3. Be a vendor at the event – by being a vendor at the event, you are making sure that we can give 100% of the registration proceeds to Robert and his family. Your investment helps to cover the cost of marketing, t-shirts and other expenses incurred while creating this event. Contact us here at Tots2Tweens to get more information: 866.957.8687
4. Come watch the event – by supporting our vendors and sponsors you will help to make their time and investment a worthwhile one. Plus, you will be able to meet Robert and his family. The first 500 attendees with get a goody bag filled with great stuff.
Saturday, May 10th, 2014
10am to 2pm
nZone: 14550 Lee Road, Chantilly, VA
A huge thank you to our current sponsors and vendors:
- The nZone
- It Works – Danielle Valltos
- Leaf Filter Gutter Protection
- Learning RX – Chantilly
- Mary Kay – Jennifer Roberts
- National Warrior Foundation
- Paint Your Own Pottery
- Passanante’s Home Food Services
- Renewal by Andersen
- Silpada – Juanita Pard
For more information about participating in the event or registering your team, please contact the nZone. For information about sponsorship or being a vendor, contact Tots2Tweens 866.957.8687.