Read a funny blog about motherhood one day and thought, I bet I can do that!
Not at first.
I think a lot of people get started that way.
Just sorta falling into it and then finding their way eventually.
It’s certainly not the most time efficient way. But it happens and sometimes it works out.
At least it did for me.
But it took time.
And money, and dedication, and education, and blood. Okay, there was no blood.
But there have been a few tears.
I’m a cryer. What can I say?
The Blog Awesome Challenge was imagined to save you from some of that.
And to find a new member of the Tots2Tweens family of course.
Someone awesome, and energetic, and willing and able to learn and grow and become a more awesome blogger.
Not only for Tots2Tweens, but for themselves too!
Tots2Tweens is a part of a community.
And as such, they not only want good things for themselves, but they want to know about, promote, and engage with good things from members of the community too.
They want to learn from us. They want to grow with us. And they want to make sure that this community of bloggers to which we all belong earns the respect we think we deserve.
Personally, I’m a community blogger. Come over to parenting BY dummies any day of the week and you’ll see heartfelt posts designed to tickle your funny bone or make you think. And engage!
To me, the most important thing is a reader comment. I eat those babies up because they not only let me know I’m awesome give me feedback about what I’ve written, but they also introduce me to you! And, that allows me to use my blog for what it was created: conversation! I hate feeling like I am preaching at people, even if it is just about finding the perfect pair of jeans. I want you to ask questions, weigh-in on what I’ve said, and even challenge me if you need to (easy on that last one though, I told you before, I’m a crier!).
This is what I’ve loved most about the T2T Blog Awesome Challenge: getting to meet all of you! Interacting in the Tots2Tweens Community, hearing your enthusiasm via Twitter, seeing the thumbs up on the Facebook page! So, cool and connect-y!
This week it’s finally time to show what you can do.
This is the last (and mandatory) action item of the challenge.
This is the one that makes bloggers outta moms (or dads, in case any want to enter, we love dads too!).
We’re asking you to post on your site about Tots2Tweens and this opportunity. Tell us and your readers why you think you are perfect for this! What makes you the best blogger to rep us at Bloggy Boot Camp, Philly, and the best blogger to bring into the Tots2Tweens family?!
Choose from one of the following topics:
- Tell us you participated in the Blog Awesome Challenge and how you think this opportunity will change your life as a blogger.
- Share the most valuable information you’ve learned from participating in the Blog Awesome Challenge (can be one thing or a list).
- Let us know how you plan to incorporate the things you’ve learned from the Blog Awesome Challenge into your site in the future. What are your blogging goals? And how will what you learned here help you accomplish those?
- Will Bloggy Boot Camp be your first blogging conferences?! What are you excited about? What are you hoping to learn? Any fears?! What will you wear?!
In addition to writing on one of these topics you need to make sure that your post:
- Is at lest 300 words.
- Has a title that include the words Tots2Tweens Blog Awesome Challenge. You can add anything before it or after it, but those words must be together and mentioned in the title.
- Includes at least 1 link to Tots2Tweens the homepage, 1 link to this post, and a short description of the site (or you can skip the words and just embed our video).
- Includes the official Tots2Tweens button (the code to grab is at the bottom). Or you can grab the Blog Awesome Challenge one here and insert that!*
- Uses the disclosure language at the bottom of this post. We don’t want you to get us in trouble! (This language can be a small postscript if you desire).**
When you’ve written your post be sure to come back and add it to the linky. You have until midnight on April 4th to enter links into this and any of the previous linkies. So if you’re just joining us, that’s cool, just go back and link up to at least 2 other challenges! You can find all of the other links here:
- Linky 1: How to Start a Blog, by Angie from Seriously a Homemaker
- Linky 2: How to Get Good Blog Content, by Dani from Tots2Tweens
- Linky 3: How to Use Social Media to Grow Your Blog, by Jen from Hip As I Wannabe
After that, we will begin our lengthy and difficult deliberation process to see which one of you up and coming bloggers will be joining us in Philly and as part of the team!
Have questions? Feel free to join us at tonight’s Blog Awesome Challenge Twitter Party (9pm), or just shoot me an email (parentingbydummies[at]gmail[dot]com) that works too!
*Button Code: Insert this into the html editor of your site (shoot me an email if you have trouble!)
width=”125″ height=”125″ alt=”Tots2Tweens.com The Premiere Directory For
Parents” title=”Tots2Tweens.com The Premiere Directory For Parents” /></a>
**Disclosure to use: This post was written as part of the Tots2Tweens Blog Awesome Challenge. Should I be selected as the winner I will receive a conference pass to Bloggy Boot Camp Philly as well as other monetary compensation. All opinions are my own.
About Amanda Rodriguez
Amanda is your friendly, neighborhood T2T head blogger. She is in charge of bringing the blog awesome to Tots2Tweens on a daily basis! She is a married mom to three cool Dudes (ages 3, 6, & 9) and one baby dog daughter. In addition to making magic here on Tots2Tweens she also writes a pretty fan-freakin-tastic humor parenting blog called parenting BY dummies. When she’s not bringing the pain online or chasing her Dudes up and down a field of some sort she is behind her camera capturing memories for gorgeous people with her Maryland photography business. She also enjoys reality TV (she was even on a show once!), baked goodness, and watching other people take long walks on the beach.